Are you searching for an experienced personal injury attorney in The Woodlands, TX? Jerome O. Fjeld, PLLC, is located in Houston and represents clients all across the State of Texas including The Woodlands, TX. The injury law firm has almost 20 years of experience and our personal injury lawyer has helped thousands of clients with their personal injury case.
Our experienced personal injury lawyers practice areas focus exclusively on victims who have been injured in car accident, motorcycle accidents, slip and fall accidents, and more. If your personal injury claim was caused by someone else’s carelessness, negligence, or blatant wrong-doing, you may be eligible for compensation in accordance with Texas law.
Our law firm is dedicated to fighting for our clients’ rights in The Woodlands, TX and throughout the state. Our law firm is dedicated to that pursuit that we don’t charge legal fees unless we’ve won the case.
Our Woodland Personal Injury lawyer Practice Areas
Accidents and the injury case they cause fall under the legal category of personal injury. This area of the law encompasses many types of injury cases which happen in The Woodlands, TX, including: car accidents, slip and fall accidents, dog bites, security negligence, medical malpractice, premises liability, and so forth. Experienced personal injury lawyer Jerome O. Fjeld focuses on a number of personal injury case types that include:
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Victims of slip and fall accidents should contact our slip and fall lawyer because they may be eligible for damages if the evidence demonstrates that the property owner was negligent in their duty to provide safe conditions for visitors to the property such as The Woodlands Mall.
- Wrongful Death: The loss of a loved one is tragic. When someone else’s negligence is responsible for the death of a loved one, family members do have legal recourse. They can file a wrongful death suit to achieve compensation for their devastating loss.
- Car Accidents: Thousands of car accidents every year. Often, these accidents occur because one of the drivers is at fault. Our car accident lawyer will hold careless and reckless drivers accountable for their poor driving. If you’ve been injured in a car crash caused by another driver’s carelessness or reckless driving, you can file a claim for compensation.
- Truck Accidents: Getting into a collision with a truck can have deadly consequences. If a truck driver has failed to drive safely or properly maintain their truck, they may be liable for your injuries. We’ll hold them accountable for the accident they caused.
- Motorcycle Injuries: Motorcycle riders are 25 times more likely to be injured in a roadway crash than other passengers. Without the protection of a steel frame, motorcycle riders are vulnerable to serious injuries on Texas highways and roads. If another driver caused your injuries, you deserve fair compensation so contact our motorcycle accident lawyer today.
- Bicycle Injuries: Bicyclists have a right to share the road with motor vehicles. However, many drivers don’t exercise the caution they need to around bicycle riders. If you’ve been injured while riding your bike by the driver of a car or truck, you may be eligible for damages.
- Dog Bites: Dogs bite millions of Americans every single year. If a dog has bitten someone before and then bites you, the owner may be liable for your injures. Dog bite claims are complex, but our experienced personal injury lawyer has the skills to manage them. Contact our dog bite lawyer in The Woodlands if you have been attacked by a dog and have been injured.
If you don’t see your accident type listed here, call our firm anyway. We may be able to take your case or at least recommend a Houston attorney who can.
No Fees Unless We Win!
Clients typically want to know what we charge for our services. We customize our services to suit our clients’ needs so costs will vary. However, we will NOT charge any legal fees for our services unless we are able to successfully resolve the case through settlement or a compensation award won at trial. We understand the financial predicament that many accident victims are in because of their accident.
Our goal is to minimize their financial burdens by fighting for your right to fair compensation. When we do charge our fees after successfully resolving your case, you can expect transparency in our billing process. We believe charging fair rates for our legal services. But unless we win your case through settlement or litigation, we will not bill you.
Is There a Time Limit for Filing a Personal Injury Claim?
There are time limits for filing a personal injury claim in the state of Texas. Although there are exceptions, most claims must be filed within two years of the accident that caused your injuries.
To win a personal injury lawsuit, an attorney must prove negligence by demonstrating the following:
- The defendant owed a breach of duty to the victim
- The defendant breached that duty
- The breach caused the victim to suffer injuries
- The victim also suffered damages along with their injuries
Sometimes it’s a simple feat prove negligence. There may be witness accounts that show that the defendant was at fault. Often, it’s more complex than that. There are many instances where victims even share part of the blame. In Texas, parties involved in an accident can be assigned a percentage of the accident’s blame. If you are texting at the time another driver runs through a red light, you may be assigned 20 percent of the blame. In this case, the other driver would be accountable for 80 percent of the damages.
Why Is It Important to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney?
To enhance your chance to be compensated for your injuries, it’s important to hire a personal injury attorney. Our firm has more than 19 years of experience representing clients on their personal injuries cases and we’ve been able to achieve millions in compensation awards and negotiated settlements. Unless you are a practicing attorney, you should allow a skilled personal injury lawyer to pursue justice on your behalf.
Should I Consult with a Personal Injury Attorney Right Away?
It’s always best to contact a personal injury attorney immediately for a free consultation if you’ve been involved in an accident. Personal injury lawyers will represent your interests and can provide you with important legal advice right from the start. Our personal injury lawyers will immediately go to work after a client informs him about their situation. If it’s a car accident, Woodlands personal injury law firm will procure photos of the damaged vehicles. These photos could prove to be valuable evidence. If weeks or months are allowed to go by, it may be impossible to take photos or track down the vehicles in question.
Even in the earliest days of your recovery, don’t be surprised if insurance adjusters begin calling you. The insurance company may want a recorded statement from you before you feel up to giving it. They may ask you to sign forms you don’t feel like reading. Sometimes, they might even offer a settlement if you agree (formally, of course) not to file a suit. You need a strong legal advocate for you at this time to handle the insurers and the at-fault party’s lawyers. You could say something that damages your injury claim. Our law firm has experience handling these situations. We’ll protect your interests.
Contact us today for a no obligation free consultation and free case evaluation. Our Woodlands personal injury lawyer will thoroughly examine it in order to provide you with his opinion. If you elect to move forward with your claim, our personal injury attorneys can file the necessary documents for your Woodlands personal injury claim, manage all paperwork, investigate, and aggressively negotiate or litigate on your behalf.
Moreover, our personal injury lawyer works on a contingency fee basis and we don’t get paid unless our firm can win your case. Our law firm believes that if someone injures you through their own negligence or recklessness, you deserve to be compensated for damages. We’ll fight for your rights every step of your legal journey. Our law firm has worked on personal injury cases in The Woodlands, Texas and through out the United States. Our principal office is in Houston, TX with law firm offices in Austin and Victoria, Texas.
All rights reserved