Jerome O. Fjeld, PLLC
Jerome O. Fjeld
Attorney Jerome O. Fjeld launched his Houston law firm more than 15 years ago to help accident victims who have been injured because of someone else’s carelessness, negligence, or wrong-doing. As a leading personal injury attorney in Houston, Mr. Fjeld pursues justice for his clients by providing them with customized service and representation that’s tailored to their claim. His goal is to provide his clients with the strongest possible chance of achieve the case outcome they desire. If you’ve been injured in accident that was someone’s else’s fault, he can help.
A Strong Advocate
Accident victims often find themselves at a vulnerable point in their lives. Not only are they faced with a legal fight they didn’t seek out; they’re often still struggling to recover from their injuries. At this time, it’s important that they have a strong advocate at their side, someone who has experience and knowledge of personal injury law in Texas. Attorney Fjeld will do everything he can to explain the legal process in layman’s terms to clients so that they feel more secure in their knowledge of what’s happening.
Clients can rely on Attorney Fjeld and his associates to provide sound legal advice about their claim and Texas statutes. Honesty and integrity are hallmarks of the firm. Each member of his team is committed to service clients with their best work.
Attorney Fjeld is inspired by the small legal firm model. The downside of a large law firm is that all but a ‘few regular clients’ feel like they truly matter to the firm. They may feel like a case number. They may feel anonymous. This is unfortunate because all clients deserve to feel heard, to know that their case matters as much to their advocate as it does to them. Large firms may witness thousands of cases pass through their doors; however, the attending attorney may not have adequate time to get to know each of their stories in detail.
Attorney Fjeld has a desire to get to know his clients so that he can more effectively represent their interests at the negotiation table or in the courtroom. He believes that clients deserve personalized attention. He doesn’t rush anyone out the door or brush off their questions. He takes time to address their concerns and educate them about aspects of Texas personal injury law that apply to their case.
In short, providing clients with adequate time and care is about respect. If big firm attorney doesn’t return you call within a day, do they respect the importance of your call? Your case? If your attorney doesn’t update you about your case, they may not understand how important the matter is to you—and they should understand! Attorney Fjeld respects his clients—respects what they have endured through the fault of another. He values the trust that clients place in himself and his team. That trust is never something to be taken lightly or taken for granted. When you hire Jerome O. Fjeld, PLLC, you can expect the respect you deserve—not just in word but in deed.
Attorney Fjeld excels in the courtroom setting. If negotiations fail or the at-fault party refuses to admit guilt, litigation becomes the obvious course of action. Attorney Fjeld will litigate your case aggressively before a judge and jury. He has a proven track record for success in the courtroom, having won millions in compensation for clients. In addition, he is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. The Million Dollar Advocates Forum is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the country. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements.
Attorney Fjeld generally takes personal injury cases that are related to:
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Victims of slip and fall accidents may be eligible for damages if we can prove that a property owner (or the property manager / staff) failed to provide a safe environment for visitors, guests, or patrons. Examples of slip and fall accidents are tripping on carpeting that is unsecured or falling down after tripping on broken floor tiles.
- Wrongful Death: The loss of a loved one is tragic. When this loss is attributed to the negligence or wrong-doing of another, family members like the surviving spouse, children, and parents can file a wrongful death suit to win compensation. No amount can replace a lost loved one, but compensation can alleviate financial stress that frequently accompanies these situations.
- Car Accidents: Thousands of car accidents take place Texas highways and byways each year. Many of these accidents occur because of a driver makes a careless mistake. We hold errant drivers accountable for their mistakes. If you’ve been injured in a car accident caused by another driver’s carelessness or recklessness, you have a right by law to seek fair compensation for your injuries.
- Truck Accidents: Getting into a collision with a big rig can have fatal consequences. Sometimes these collisions lead to catastrophic injuries. If a truck driver has failed to operate their vehicle safely or drives drowsy, you may have a strong claim against them.
- Motorcycle Injuries: Motorcyclists are 25 times more likely to be injured in a roadway collision than other motorists and their passengers. Without the protection of an airbag or steel frame, motorcycle riders are vulnerable to serious and even catastrophic injuries. If a driver made a mistake that led to your injuries, our Attorney Fjeld can help.
- Bicycle Injuries: Bicyclists have the right to share Texas roads with motor vehicles. Some drivers may not exercise the caution they should when sharing the roads with other conveyances. If you’ve been involved in a collision while riding your bike, you may have a strong claim to win compensation for your injuries.
- Dog Bites: Millions of Americans are bitten by dogs each year. If a dog owner failed to leash their dog or secure their aggressive dog with fencing, you may be eligible for compensation for your medical expenses and pain and suffering. Contact our firm to learn how we can help you pursue justice.
No Fees Unless We Successfully Resolve Your Case
Attorney Fjeld has witnessed first hand what many accident victims go through after they’ve been injured. When they’re unable to attend work for months, they may wind up in financial straits. As medical bills pile up, many accident victims worry that they won’t be able to afford to have an attorney fight for their right to fair compensation. Seeing clients go through financial devastating is humbling. Attorney Fjeld decided years ago that he would not assess any legal fees unless he was able to successfully negotiate a settlement or win a compensation award at trial. You will not receive a bill, in short, unless he wins your case.
Prior to launching his firm nearly two decades ago, Mr. Fjeld served in the U.S. Navy where he earned the Navy Achievement Medal, Enlisted Surface Warfare Insignia, and the Good Conduct Medal. As a law student, he was awarded by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America as a Leesfield Scholar. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree at the University of North Florida and his J.D. at the Florida Coastal School of Law. He is bar-certified to practice law in the state of Texas.
If you’ve been injured in an accident that was caused by someone else, let Attorney Fjeld and his associates examine your claim. You may be entitled to fair compensation.
Most personal injury cases never make it to the courtroom. This is because they are negotiated and a settlement is achieved. This is ideal, of course, because it saves the parties involved the trial fees. Litigation often tacks on considerable time to the case as well. Attorney Fjeld has negotiated on behalf of hundreds of clients and has achieved millions in settlement agreements.
Before entering into settlement talks, he and his team take great care to determine what fair compensation should look like. In Texas, plaintiffs can seek damages for economic and non-economic damages. Therefore, compensation can be based on:
- Current medical costs (i.e. surgeries, physical therapy, doctor visits, hospital stays, nursing care, etc…)
- Future likely medical costs (many accident victims require long-term or even life-long care as a result of the injuries they sustained)
- Funeral expenses (associated with wrongful death suits)
- Lost work wages
- Future lost work wages (some accident victims suffer a disability and are never able to return to work)
- Lost bonuses and pension
- Pain and suffering (physical and mental anguish)
- Damage to property