Personal Injury Atttorney in Pasadena, TX
Are you looking for a personal injury attorney in Pasadena, TX? Jerome O. Fjeld, PLLC, is a personal injury law firm based in Houston. We have more than 15 years of experience representing clients throughout the region. We’ve negotiated lucrative settlements and won millions in compensation awards at trial for victims of accidents that were caused by someone else’s carelessness or recklessness.
We understand that an accident can change a person’s life in a split second. Some accident victims do heal after a period of time, but they might be left with emotional scars. They might have residual pain. Other victims might require years of recovery that involves multiple surgeries and physical therapy. In catastrophic accidents, victims might suffer a permanent disability that prevents them from working or enjoying life as they once did. You can turn to us if you’ve been hurt in an accident that was caused by another. We’ll fight for your right to fair compensation.
Have You Been Hurt in an Accident?
Personal injury law covers many types of accidents. Personal injury cases include car accidents, motorcycle accidents, boat accidents, slip and fall accidents, and more. The common factor that these accident types share: negligence. In order for an accident victim to win compensation for their injuries, they must demonstrate that the defendant was negligent. Some examples of negligence, carelessness, or wrong-doing (all related terms):
- Failure to leash aggressive dog
- Driving drunk
- Running a red light
- Failing to repair cracked tiles
- Driving distracted
- Failing to inspect brakes
- Failure to repair broken door locks
Our firm has represented hundreds of clients during our tenure. We are passionate about helping people who’ve been hurt because of someone else’s reckless behavior or wrong-doing.
Our Areas of Practice
As a personal injury law firm, we focus on certain types of cases that include:
- Wrongful Death: The loss of a loved one is heart-wrenching. When their loss is attributed to the negligence or wrong-doing of another, certain family members can file a wrongful death suit to achieve compensation.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Victims of slip and fall accidents may be eligible for fair compensation if we can prove that a defendant was negligent in their duty of care.
- Car Accidents: We hold careless and reckless drivers accountable for causing accidents that injure others on Texas roadways. If you’ve been injured in a car crash caused by another error or wrong-doing, let us help you recoup damages for your injuries.
- Truck Accidents: Getting into a collision with a truck can have fatal consequences. These types of collisions can cause catastrophic injuries as well. If a truck driver has been negligent or careless in their duty to drive safely, you may be eligible for compensation.
- Motorcycle Injuries: Motorcyclists are especially vulnerable to injury on Texas roadways. In a big city like Houston, the risks increase. We represent motorcycle riders who’ve been injured by someone else’s reckless or careless driving.
- Bicycle Injuries: Bicyclists have a legal right to share the roadway with cars and trucks. If you’ve been hurt in a collision with a motor vehicle, you may have a claim to make under Texas law.
- Dog Bites: Every year, millions of Americans are bitten by aggressive dogs. If a dog owner failed to leash their dog, you may be eligible for compensation for your medical expenses and pain and suffering.
No Fees Unless We Win Your Case.
We know that an accident can devastate and accident victim and their family financially. Accident victims contend with physical and mental anguish only to reach into their mailbox and pull out a handful of hospital and other medical bills. These costs can be staggering. But it’s far worse when the individual isn’t able to work because of the injuries they’ve sustained. We don’t want to make a desperate situation more desperate when our goal is to help.
We won’t charge our legal fees unless we’re successful. This means you won’t get a bill from us unless we achieve a settlement deal (that you accept) or win compensation at court. It’s that simple. There are no gimmicks, no hidden fees. In focusing on this area of the law, we believe it’s essential to help people who are suffering.
Why Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
Personal injury cases can be complex. Having a legal advocate fight for your rights is an essential step in your fight to secure fair compensation. Insurers will try to undermine your claim. They might attempt to get you to sign a settlement agreement that they know is far beneath what you’re owed and likely to recover at court. We protect you throughout the legal process while pursuing justice on your behalf.
How Much Compensation Am I Entitled to?
Compensation sums vary in accordance with the particulars of each case. There are two types of damages that accident victims can claim: economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages refer to the lost work wages and medical costs that typically occur in these cases. Non-economic damages refer to the plaintiff’s pain and suffering—their physical and emotional anguish. The courts exercise great care in calculating these amounts. But before your case even gets to trial, we assess the situation in order to arrive at what we believe is a fair compensation sum. It’s important to have a sum in mind as we enter into negotiations with the at-fault party’s lawyers and insurance provider.
Benefits of Hiring Jerome O. Fjeld, PLLC
Jerome O. Fjeld, PLLC, is a small legal firm, but we have achieved big results for our clients. Often, clients prefer the personable atmosphere of a smaller firm. We’re able to provide our clients with personalized attention. Attorney Fjeld gets to know each client along with the details of their accidents and injuries. No client wants to feel like an anonymous case number; that doesn’t happen at our firm where each client merits the full attention they deserve.
Our firm provides clients with a full range of legal services. These include:
- Examination of the claim (we offer a free initial consultation!)
- File all court documents
- Review forms, paperwork, settlement offers
- Manage all case-related paperwork and evidence
- Attend court proceedings and meetings punctually
- Investigate in support of the claim
- Consult with medical experts, accountants, or accident reconstructionists
- Communicate with at-fault party’s lawyers and insurance provider
- Provide sound legal advice
- Negotiate aggressively on your behalf
- Litigate aggressively to fight for your right to fair compensation
You can also count on us to provide you with timely responses to your queries. We can’t always take our clients’ calls immediately, but we’ll never shrug them off. We will get in touch as soon as possible to address your concerns. We take communication seriously. If you have a question, don’t hesitate to ask.
Remember, we offer a free initial consultation so we can discuss your claim together. We also provide our services at no charge unless we win your case. Our main goal is to help you achieve a lucrative settlement or compensation award. We’ll do everything legally possible to make that happen. We have a proven record of success. Schedule your consultation so we can meet and talk about how to proceed. If you hire our firm, you can count on our dedicated service.
5902 Irvington Blvd,
Houston, TX 77009
5606 N Navarro St #200,
Victoria, TX 77904