If you need a personal injury attorney in Katy, TX you have come to the right place. There are laws in Texas that protect victims of accidents caused by another’s negligence or wrong-doing. If you’ve been injured because of another’s fault, you may be eligible for compensation. Jerome O. Fjeld, PLLC, is a Houston-based personal injury law firm that represents clients involved in accidents. If you’re looking for a personal injury attorney in Katy, TX, he can help. Victims of accidents caused by another may be eligible for various types of damages. With more than 19 years of experience practicing personal injury law, Attorney Fjeld and his associates are dedicated to seeking justice for their clients.
We Work for You
Our personal injury law firm is committed to helping people who’ve been hurt in serious accidents. Some of these injuries can have devastating, consequences. We’ve represented clients who’ve suffered a permanent disability as a result of their ordeal. In many cases, clients must not only content with the healing process; they also have to deal with mounting medical costs and lost work wages. While coping with their physical and mental anguish, they’re frequently forced to contend with a financial nightmare.
That’s why personal injury lawyer, Jerome O. Fjeld, PLLC, will not send you a bill until we have won your case—either achieving a settlement or winning a court case for compensation. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their legal goals. If you are searching for a Houston personal injury attorney, you will not be disappointed in Attorney Fjeld’s experience and knowledge. Meet with him to schedule a free initial consultation.
In order to achieve fair compensation for injuries sustained in an accident, it’s important to prove the accused:
- Owed a breach of duty to the victim (i.e. tasked to maintain safe premises)
- The defendant breached their duty (i.e. did not repair broken steps)
- The breach resulted in the injuries the victim sustained (the victim slipped on the steps injured their neck and fractured their elbow)
- The victim suffered damages in association with their injuries (the victim had to miss weeks of work and pay substantial medical costs associated with the injuries)
Attorney Fjeld has experience in various types of personal injury cases. He and his team can draw upon their experience to provide you with outstanding legal representation in support of your claim.
Our Areas of Practice
Personal injury law is part of Texas law that includes many types of cases such as car accidents, motorcycle accidents, security negligence, premises liability, wrongful death, bicycle accidents, and more. Our firm handles a significant scope of personal injury cases:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accident
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Wrongful Death
- Slip and Fall Accidents
During our past 19 years practicing personal injury law in the Houston area, we’ve built a solid reputation for compassionate service complemented by our intricate knowledge of personal injury law. Rely on our personal injury law firm to fight for your right to fair compensation.
How Long Will My Case Take to Resolve?
We’re often asked how long it will take to resolve a case. Each claim is different. It’s impossible to determine how long a claim will take to resolve either through negotiation or litigation. Some cases may be resolved in a matter of weeks. It can take a couple years in some extreme types of cases. On average, most personal injury matters are resolved in several months to a year. Complex cases often take longer to resolve.
What Services Do We Offer?
Jerome O. Fjeld, PLLC, provides clients with an expansive array of legal services that include:
- Evaluate your case: we’ll examine your situation from every angle. We can then discuss our opinion in detail so you can decide how to proceed.
- File court documents: we’ll file court documents and ensure that all forms are filed accurately.
- Attend appointments / meetings: we will attend court proceedings, negotiation sessions, and other appointments punctually.
- Manage case-related paperwork: our team will manage all the paperwork related to your claim.
- Communication: when you call with questions or concerns, we’ll address them promptly.
- Talk to insurance companies: let us talk to insurers about your claim. We have experience communicating with these parties on our clients’ behalf.
- Communicate with defendant’s lawyers: we’ll communicate with the at-fault party’s attorneys on your behalf.
- Talk to witnesses: witness accounts can be important to a support a claim’s legitimacy. We’ll talk to witnesses and obtain their accounts.
- Provide investigative services: we often investigate claims to support them with evidence. We may visit the scene of the accident to take video footage or procure photos.
- Speak with medical experts: we often need testimony from medical experts to discuss a client’s injuries and need for medical care.
- Hire other professionals to help with the case: we may require the assistance of an accident reconstructionist for complex collisions.
- Provide legal advice: our clients depend on us to provide them with our sound legal advice.
- Negotiate or litigate: Attorney Jerome O. Fjeld is a skilled negotiator and litigator. He will aggressively represent your interests, working hard to achieve the compensation you deserve.
The state of Texas allows victims of accidents caused by another to seek damages. There are two categories of damages that can be claimed: economic damages and non-economic damages. Economic damages are the medical costs and missed work wages associated with the plaintiff’s injuries. Some of the economic damages a claimant can request to be compensated for are:
- Current medical expenses
- Future medical costs
- Funeral expenses
- Lost work wages
- Lost benefits
- Lost pension
- Lost sales and bonuses
Non-economic damages refer to the pain and suffering that plaintiffs suffer. Clients often ensure substantial physical and mental anguish. We can help you calculate a sum that represents fair compensation. Knowing this sum is important. We would not want to enter into negotiations without having a fact-based understanding of a what a client deserves.
Negotiation vs Litigation
Most personal injury matters are resolved through a litigation process. We meet with the at-fault party’s attorneys, insurance company and its attorneys. They may attempt to minimize our client’s sufferings. We rely on our knowledge of the case and evidence to encourage them to make a fair offer. If they make a settlement offer that is acceptable to the client, the case is closed. If, however, they refuse to negotiate or their offer of settlement is declined by our client, we can proceed to litigation. Attorney Fjeld has years of experience as a trial lawyer. He will aggressively litigate on his client’s behalf.
We Have Track Record of Success
Jerome O. Fjeld, PLLC, has experience practicing in many areas of personal injury law. He’s achieved lucrative settlement for many clients as well as fair compensation awards. He is comfortable in the courtroom and at the negotiation table. He and his firm are dedicated to providing clients with personable service that is customized to the needs of their case. We’ll do everything in our power to win our clients’ claims.
Turn to Jerome O. Fjeld, PLLC, when you need a personal injury attorney in Katy, TX. We do not charge for our free initial consultation and we won’t send a bill for our fees unless we win your case. That’s our commitment to you. If you allow our firm to represent you, we promise to provide you with honest legal advice and aggressive representation of your interests.