Personal Injury Attorney in Baytown, TX
Jerome O. Fjeld, PLLC, has more than 15 years of experience practicing personal injury law. Our team is committed to helping clients who have been hurt achieve the compensation they are owed. Attorney Jerome O. Fjeld offers clients compassionate service complemented by his knowledge of personal injury law.
About Personal Injury Law in Texas
As a broad area of the law, personal injury law involves many different types of cases like car accidents, premises liability, security negligence, and dog bites. According to Texas law, people who have been injured as a result of someone else’s error, neglect, or wrongful behavior have the legal right to seek damages. Unlike criminal law cases where the government prosecutes the at-fault party, personal injury law involves a private plaintive who files a suit against a person or company that is responsible for their injuries.
These injuries can be life-changing. While the seriousness and recovery time associated with these injuries varies, some people suffer injuries from which they’ll never recover like spinal cord injuries or injuries that result in permanent disability. Texas law allows the injured party to seek damages for the pain and suffering they’ve endured as well as the lost of income and all the medical expenses associated with the injuries.
Sometimes these cases can be complex. Roadway accidents that involve multiple vehicles, for instance, can be complicated. Yet, achieving compensation for the injuries they’ve suffered because of another’s fault is vital for victims. Piles of medical bills and lost wages can threaten financial ruin. Moreover, the pain that claimants suffer is often staggering. In these unfair situations, it’s ideal to have an experienced personal injury attorney at your side—one who has a proven track record of success. You can trust Attorney Jerome O. Fjeld and his team to represent your interests aggressively either in negotiations or in the court room.
Shared Fault and Texas Personal Injury Law
Sometimes cases are complicated because the claimant actually shares some of the fault. If you were texting on your cellphone at the time another driver ran a red light and T-boned your vehicle in an intersection, you could be partially liable. For this type of situation, you might be assigned 20 percent of the fault. Therefore, the other driver would be liable for 80 percent of the damages. Our firm has considerable experience with all types of motor vehicle accidents and other personal injury matters where the plaintiff shares part of the fault. Even if you’re uncertain if you were at fault or know that you do share some of the fault, contact us for a free initial consultation. We can discuss your situation and offer you our experience-based option. You may still be eligible for a good deal of compensation.
Personal Injury Cases
Jerome O. Fjeld, PLLC, focuses on personal injury cases that involve:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Wrongful death
- Dog bites
If you’ve suffered an accident involving these types of situations in Baytown or the Houston area, you can turn to our firm for help. We take care to learn each case inside and out in order to provide clients with the best-possible representation and legal counsel. We are known throughout the region for our honesty and integrity—cornerstones of our practice.
How Can Jerome O. Fjeld, PLLC, Help You?
One of the great benefits of engaging a small firm like Jerome O. Fjeld, PLLC, is that we provide clients with personalized attention. We leave no detail unchecked. We don’t rely on cookie-cutter solutions and know that it’s customized representation that wins cases. Attorney Jerome O. Fjeld and his associates offer a comprehensive range of legal services for clients that include:
- Thorough evaluation: we evaluate every claim carefully in order to get to know its details. This enables us to provide sound legal advice
- File court documents: filing court documents isn’t exactly an art, but these legal forms can be complicated if you don’t have experience with them. We handle all such filings on our clients’ behalf
- Manage paperwork: similarly, our team will manage all case-related paperwork
- Arrive punctually for trial / appointments: whether we’re meeting to negotiate with the defendant’s attorneys or heading into court to litigate, we will arrive punctually and prepared for work
- Communicate: we will communicate with the at-fault party’s attorneys and insurance company. It is possible to say or do something to harm your case. We have experience dealing with these situations. Let us protect you by communicating with these parties on your behalf
- Investigate: it’s frequently necessary to gather more evidence to support a claim. We may seek witness accounts or visit the scene of an accident in support of your claim. Does video footage of the accident exist? We’ll seek it out
- Procure professional services: complicated cases sometimes necessitate the advice or services of another professional. We may hire a professional accident reconstructionist for example. We may require the help of an actuary to help estimate future lost wages
- Negotiate or litigate: we will aggressively represent your interests at the negotiation table or in the courtroom
Our firm also prizes communication with our clients. We pride ourselves on being accessible. If you are in court or at an appointment and miss your call, we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Your questions and concerns are important to us. Unlike large firms where clients may feel anonymous, our firm is dedicated to providing clients with the personalized attention they deserve.
Negotiation or Litigation?
Attorney Jerome O. Fjeld has negotiated many lucrative settlements for clients. Most personal injury cases get settled out of court. The at-fault party may understand that their liability is clear. They may then wish to avoid a costly court battle. When the other party does not offer a fair settlement to the party they injured, we escalate the matter to litigation. We will tenaciously represent our client’s right for fair compensation.
Many clients who contact us are naturally concerned about our fees. They may already be underwater financially due to their lost work wages and medical bills. That’s why we will not assess any of our fees unless we’re able to achieve a settlement or compensation award at court. If you are looking for a Baytown, TX, attorney who focuses on personal injury law, contact Jerome O. Fjeld, PLLC. We can discuss the particulars of your case, helping you to decide how best to proceed. Contact us to schedule your free initial consultation.
5902 Irvington Blvd,
Houston, TX 77009
5606 N Navarro St #200,
Victoria, TX 77904