Head-on collisions are among some of the most dangerous car accidents that can happen. They can result in serious injuries, heavy damage to the vehicles involved, and possibly even death. Fortunately, head-on collisions are fairly rare compared to other kinds of auto accidents. Nonetheless, when a head-on collision does occur, the accident victim will almost certainly need a lot of compensation because the expenses caused by the accident are likely to be very high. However, you don’t have to pay for those expenses yourself.
If you hire a professional car accident injury attorney, they can help you file an injury claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance company. And if you are going to file a personal injury claim in Houston, then you need the help of personal injury attorney Jerome O. Fjeld, PLLC. He has over two decades of experience helping Houston residents in all sorts of personal injury cases, many of them car accidents, so he knows how to help you get the compensation you need. Jerome O. Fjeld can help you file your injury claim, gather evidence to prove the other driver’s fault, negotiate with their insurance company, and more. He will do everything he can to make sure you get the justice and the compensation you deserve. So, if you were in a Houston head-on collision, contact the law office of Jerome O. Fjeld, PLLC as soon as possible.
Reasons Why Head-On Collisions Happen
As stated earlier, head-on collisions are relatively rare, the reason being that for such a collision to happen, a car has to drift out of its lane and into oncoming traffic. That is a rare occurrence, but it can happen for the following reasons:
- The Driver Fell Asleep – Driving while tired is always dangerous, and this is one of the reasons why. A tired driver might drift off to sleep and drift out of their lane into traffic. This can present a danger to drivers in the opposite lane and possibly lead to a serious accident.
- The Driver was Distracted – A distraction could be anything from a smartphone to the car’s GPS to another passenger. No matter the distraction, it could cause the driver to lose concentration and drift out of their lane and into oncoming traffic.
- The Driver was in a Previous Accident – If the driver got sideswiped by another vehicle, it could push their car into the opposite lane and into oncoming traffic. In that case, the driver who ends up in the wrong lane might not be at fault for the head-on collision.
- The Driver Was Trying To Avoid an Obstacle – Sometimes, an obstacle might appear unexpectedly on the road, and a driver will swerve to avoid it. That obstacle could be a pothole, an animal, or something else. Depending on the circumstances, the driver may or not be at fault for causing the head-on collision.
Since some of the reasons a head-on collision happens might not be the fault of the driver who crashed into the other car, a personal injury lawyer will be necessary to identify the responsible party.
Damages You Can Claim in a Head-On Collision
Since head-on collisions can be very destructive, you are entitled to a high settlement amount for your damages. Those damages include the following.
These are the damages that have a dollar value to them. They include medical bills, vehicle repair or replacement costs, lost wages, and other out-of-pocket costs. You should get receipts for all of your monetary expenses so that your attorney can calculate their total value.
These include things like pain and suffering and any emotional or psychological effects caused by the accident. Examples include PTSD, anxiety, and more. These damages are calculated by multiplying your economic damages between one and five; the multiplier used is based on how serious your injuries are.
Jerome O. Fjeld, PLLC Can Help You With Your Houston Head-On Collision Case
A head-on collision case is usually fairly straightforward because the person who drifts out of their lane is considered responsible for the accident. However, there can be other circumstances that caused the crash, and you will need an attorney to help you discover the truth. And even if the accident is straightforward, a car accident lawyer can still help you get maximum compensation. So, if you were in a Houston head-on collision, contact Jerome O. Fjeld, PLLC as soon as you can. He will help you every step of the way and give you the best chance of getting maximum compensation.
- dog bites and dog attacks,
- trucking accidents,
- car accidents,
- construction accidents,
- uber accidents,
- boating accidents,
- work accidents,
- slip and falls,
- bike accidents,
- accidente de carro and
- other cases when someone is seriously injured by the negligence or carelessness of another.