In the event of a car accident, you want to be able to trust that your insurance company will cover the cost of the damages. But sometimes, insurance companies will deny a claim that they should cover. When this happens, it is good to have the aid of an experienced and dedicated Houston car accident attorney on your side. At Jerome Fjeld & Associates, PLLC, we provide aggressive advocacy to those suffering from damages or injuries from a collision.
Has your insurance company wrongfully denied your claim? Tell us in a free consultation!
Right after a collision, the last thing you want to be worrying about is having to pay for the damages that your insurance company should be covering.
Here are tips to help protect yourself when filing an insurance claim for your accident:
- Until you are sure you understand your coverage, don’t give any recorded or written statements to your insurer. You have the right to not have your phone call recorded.
- You shouldn’t accept an estimate or appraisal without understanding your damages. Sometimes insurance companies might be low compared to what they should cover.
- Don’t accept any kind of “final payment” check until you are sure that the process is over, or the insurer could argue that the process was finished when it wasn’t.
- Stay within time limits set up by your insurance. Ignoring time limits or responding too late can result in losing your right to sue if trouble arises.
- No matter what happens, don’t forget that your contract with your insurer goes both ways. They are legally required to provide the coverage promised to you.
Even though most minor accidents or “fender benders” are resolved by your insurance company, it is important to seek help from a skilled Houston car accident attorney if the crash resulted in injuries or serious damages. Our law firm can help ensure that you are protected and receiving the compensation you need.
At Jerome Fjeld & Associates, PLLC, we believe in delivering high-quality service and attention to each of our cases. Our car accident lawyers have recovered millions of dollars for our clients throughout Houston. When you need aggressive and committed litigation, you can feel at peace knowing you put your trust in our firm.
Call us at 713-572-6446 to begin your claim to compensation!